Balkan Law and Tech Summit 2021
20th October 2021, 4 -7 pm CET
Following the success of the very first Balkan Law and Tech Summit on the 4th Industrial Revolution in the Region, which took place in Thessaloniki, Greece, in 2019, it is with great pleasure that we write to invite you in the Balkan Law and Tech Summit 2021: Innovation and Democracy (virtual edition) hosted by the European Law Observatory on New Technologies and the Internet of Things Council, on Wednesday 20 October 2021.
In this Summit we want to map the current situation and raise the awareness of what geopolitical strategies are operating in what many consider the Europe’s backyard, but in reality it’s the center.
Here is our preliminary agenda related to this year’s theme:
▪️𝗧𝗵𝗲 #𝗱𝗶𝗴𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘇𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 #𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗦𝗘 𝗘𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲: 𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿?
▪️𝗔𝗜 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗣𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗰 𝗦𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀: 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗖𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗿-𝗣𝗵𝘆𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺𝘀? 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀?
▪️𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗱𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗲𝘅𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗴𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀
▪️𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗜𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗮𝗻: 𝗱𝗼 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗲?
▪️𝗧𝗵𝗲 #𝗴𝗲𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗴𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝟱𝗚 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗘 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗘𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲.
In the coming months, the EU will allocate its new multi-annual funds on the basis of plans to be submitted by our national, regional, and local authorities. It is thus especially important that we all develop a good sense of what is needed, what is important, what deserves scrutiny. This is the way to ensure that all citizens have a say and see their expectations reflected in those plans.
Facebook Event or you can register here.
• Dianna Popp, CEO, Smart Anything Everywhere, Romania
• Kresimir Rakic, AssistantProfessor, University of Motsar, Bosnia-Herzegovina
• Vedran Kruzic, Director of Regional Development Agency in Rijeka region (Primorje-Gorski Kotar County), Croatia
• Sima Baktas, Founder of GlobalB Law (Istanbul/Turkey)
• Charis Savvides, Proffessor, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
• Charalambos Tsekeris, Vice Chair, Hellenic National Commision for Bioethics and Technoethics, Greece
• Michał Nowakowski, NewTech & Regulatory Advisor, Poland
• Maria Dymitruk, Chairwoman of the New Technologies,Commission Fédération des Barreaux d’Europe, Poland
• Blerta Thaçi, Executive Director /Founder, Open Data Kosovo/ Girls Coding , Kosovo
• Martin Zahariev, Ass. Proffesor, University of Sofia, Bulgaria
• Sofija Todorovic, Program Project Manager, Balkan Investigative, Reporting, Serbia
• Andrej Petrovski, Director of Tech, SHARE foundation, Serbia
• Stefanos Vitoratos, Co-Founder HOMO DIGITALIS, Partner @ DLE, Greece
• Holgar Zscheyge, European Legal Tech Association
Closing Remarks by:
• Dimitris Psarrakis, Policy Advisor
• Nicolas Miailhe, Co-Founder,The Future Society
• Alexandros Sypridonos, ELONTech Legal Advisor